Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday

Mondays are hard. 

I should make that into a tee-shirt. But, seriously, I spent my morning dwelling so much in the hard, wishing for Spring Break, wanting the day to be over ... that I nearly missed the blessing that is Monday.

For one thing ... my desk is clean. Oh I joke. Because at the beginning of the year I went all rogue and got rid of my desk. But my little area is clean. I can't guarantee this will still be true once Wednesday rolls around.

For another ... my littles come in having spent the weekend missing me. They are a bit over me by the time Friday rolls around.

And also ... one of my littles brought me in a gift. A venus fly trap. When a mosquito hawk ventured into our room they started chanting to "feed the plant! feed the plant!" Um, that just seemed wrong. But, before the week is over I may have to find an insect to actually feed to the plant ... although I don't remember seeing that anywhere on my contract!

And then this ... it was supposed to rain all day today. Which means no recess. Which in Kindergarten language is pretty much the same thing as the Bataan Death March. But the rain didn't come and recess happened ... which makes me a hero in my littles eyes.

And finally this ... at some point in the day I stopped dreading Monday and started enjoying it. And in the day I found grace, and laughter, and unexpected hugs, and joy. If I had kept myself in the dreading of the day I would have missed out on the good of the day. 

So, I guess I should come up with a new tee-shirt idea ... 


Hello Monday! I'm glad you are here!

No comments: