Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hundreds Have Been Wondering ...

Ok, well, perhaps not hundreds. More like two. Which could be why I didn't get back to this. At least that is my excuse.

To tell the back story for what those things became ... I was tooling around on etsy and saw so my cutesy patootsy things ... but the prices ... oh my word! So, I somehow got it in my head that perhaps I could pull some of them off for much cheaper than I could get them on etsy.

That being said, I set off to complete a few projects. I was really happy with the way they came out ... and, then I got out the sewing machine to zig-zag around the applique to make sure it didn't fray in the wash. Let's just say my zig didn't always zag. I will have to practice before I earn a spot on the zig-zag Olympic team!

So, here is what I made ... and for much cheaper than I could have bought on etsy. Which would have been $40. All together now ... Oh My Word!
Tada! Evidently someone is turning one soon ... as in the end of this month. And, I don't want to say anything, but these are still in Houston ... and I am in Florida!
Can you guess yet who they are for? Someone who's name begins with an "L" ... and, here's a hint. It is not Laverne. Which is a good thing ... because if I had to zig-zag around a fancy "L", I would have really gone over the edge!
Here's your last hint ... it's for a little pumpkin who is now a Southern Belle ... which means she needed something that is totally Southern. I have one more thing I am going to whip up and then send these off this week ... just in time for a certain someone's birthday!

1 comment:

the Curriers said...

I have a guess! Sure hope I'm right :)